It occurred to me that I haven't made any indication that I'm alive lately!
- I've had a surprisingly active life lately! Lots of stuff going on with work (going in for more Adobe training tomorrow, which is delicious for my LinkedIn profile), lots of sewing as I prepare for Fanime, biking around everywhere, reading books, baking, ADVENTURES.
- Recent ADVENTURES include Half Moon Bay three weeks ago with Fyre, Kol's birthday celebration in San Francisco two weeks ago, the Alameda Antique Faire last Sunday (got myself two papasan chairs for $60 total!). I'm kinda maxed out on adventures for now, except I'm going back up to San Francisco tomorrow for training XD XD XD THEN I WILL LOCK MYSELF IN MY APARTMENT
ALL WEEKEND FOR SEWING though I'm making good time on my Musubi outfit, so I'm not that concerned.
- On a huge science-lecture kick lately. Been trolling YouTube and TED Talks for interesting videos and inspiration. Lemme share my favorite two:
Contemplate the Universe Inside You
- from 8Tracks, and there are two sequels to it so far. These mixes are ~5 minute chunks of dialogues from Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins, and others of the like. Usually I listen to at least one of these a day - it inspires me towards learning more every day and reaffirming my faith (or non-faith) with the reassurance that greater minds than mine can articulate how I feel about the universe and our place in it.
Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Colbert at Montclair State University
- Hilarious, as you would imagine, but I really enjoy how passionate Tyson is about astrophysics and the advancement of science literacy.
SEND ME ANY SPACE/PSYCHOLOGY/SCIENCE
TALKS THAT YOU THINK ARE AWESOME :D
- Dabbling on a few fics, but too much of a squirrel-brain to really focus on any one story for more than five minutes D: However, I am happy that I finally started a story that I wanted to write for my dad - when I was 11 or 12, he used to pay me to take his hand-written novel pages and type them up in Word. One of his favorite stories was about a female POW and her escape from jail, so I want to surprise him for Father's Day by writing him a story based on that character. I can't really write a gritty POW tale without cursing and other gritty things, so I hope the story doesn't traumatize him knowing his only daughter wrote it, but I think he can survive. After all, my brother is in a band named after a porno and he hasn't been kicked out of the house yet.
- Saw the Avengers last weekend, as did most of nerd America it seems. It was definitely the funniest shit I've seen in a while. Of course it was problematic - the biggest problem I had personally was a singular line out of Thor's mouth on the SHIELD helicarrier, and also a 'too soon' sort of reaction with the final action sequence - but other than that, it was shockingly well done for a superhero clusterfuck of a film. Hulk, Black Widow, and Loki all stole the show without a doubt in the world. I don't know what everyone else's taste is, but Mark Ruffalo blew me away with how hot he is, PLUS HE IS A VEGETARIAN so yeah, there is my perfect man :<
Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Wasp next time plz :<